Today we had the opportunity to share with a great group of landscape contractors, designers, and allied suppliers at the OLCA Portland chapter meeting.
The presentation was focused on how to build, promote, and manage your online presence and reputation to stand out in today’s marketplace. We had very good participation and questions from the group.
Some of the questions included;
- What do we think of companies who pay or offer incentives to write reviews?
- Do people still use the yellow pages?
- What do you do about the customers who you will never satisfy and write bad reviews?
- How should you respond to negative reviews?
- Do you have to hire a whole team of people for reputation marketing and management in order to compliment the things that you do really well as a company?
- What do we think about companies like Angie’s List and Yelp?
- Don’t you make yourself vulnerable if you start asking for reviews?
- How do you instill in your team members the importance of their actions on the job?
- Who is writing reviews, and who is reading them?
- Is there a certain number of reviews that people look for when checking out your company?
- How does social media fit into your reputation and overall digital marketing efforts?
- What is a good social media strategy for our industry?
- How do you keep up on it all?
- What about word of mouth referrals?
- What would be considered a “recent” review?
There were so many great questions that we can’t remember them all. We will do our best to answer these questions in written format over the next couple of weeks here on our blog.
If you’d like to view the entire presentation, you can do so below;